Tokyo’s Kawaii Monster Cafe is a flamboyant, Harajuku-inspired restaurant that is well-known among both Japanese locals and tourists alike.
Harajuku x Kawaii x Hello Kitty collaboration
To celebrate its four-year anniversary this year, the popular cafe will be teaming up with Hello Kitty for a Harajuku x Kawaii x Hello Kitty collaboration.
The cafe is launching a Hello Kitty room, a themed menu, and limited edition merchandise that will be available to the public from July 12 to September 1, 2019.
Hello Kitty Mel-Tea Room
One of the most beloved sections of the cafe — the Mel-Tea Room — comes in pastel rainbow colours and will be dedicated solely to Hello Kitty.
However, visitors will only be able to spend two hours in the Mel-Tea Hello Kitty Room and must make a prior reservation in order to get a table there.
Nine new Hello Kitty dishes & drinks
Kawaii Monster Cafe will also be offering a themed menu featuring nine new Hello Kitty dishes and drinks:
1. Hello Kitty Colourful pop burger, 1,680 yen (S$21)
2. Mr Choppy Colourful pop burger, 1,680 yen (S$21)
3. Hello Kitty Harajuku rainbow curry, 1,580 yen (S$20)
4. Harajuku × KAWAII × Kitty’s Ukiuki Pancake, 1,580 yen (S$20)
5. Harajuku Decora ice cream, 1,080 yen (S$13.60)
6. Harajuku Deco wrap cake, 1,180 yen (S$14.80)
7. Harajuku x KAWAII x Kitty cake, 1,480 yen (S$18.60)
8. Harajuku KAWAII Poison parfait, 2,480 yen (S$31.20)
9. Hello Kitty Decorative Shake, 980 yen (S$12.30)
Each order comes with a special limited edition coaster featuring either Hello Kitty, the cafe’s mascot Mr. Choppy, or both characters:
Limited edition merchandise
In addition, customers will be able to purchase plenty of limited edition merchandise that is sold exclusively at the cafe, such as hand towels, mugs, and keychains:
How to get there
Address: Tokyo-to Shibuya-ku Jingu-mae 4-31-10 YM Square Building 4F
Regular Opening Hours:
- 11:30am – 4:30pm, 6:00pm – 10:30pm (Monday – Saturday)
- 11:00am – 8:00pm (Sunday, holidays)
Operating Hours from July 12 – Sept 1, 2019:
- 11:00am – 5:00pm, 6:00pm – 10:30pm (Monday – Saturday)
- 11:00am – 8:30pm (Sunday, holidays in July – August)
- 800 yen (S$10) for adults
- 500 yen (S$6.30) for children between four and 17 years of age
- Children aged three and under have free admission
Top image courtesy of kawaiimonstercafe on Instagram.