The 30th Singapore International Film Festival announces the
winners of its Silver Screen Awards, celebrating the best of filmmaking in the
region. This year saw 14 awards being presented at the National Museum of
Singapore, with the crowd-favourites Asian Feature Film Competition and
Southeast Asian Short Film Competition awarding nine of them.
Asian Feature Film Category
- Best Film: Scales (Sayidat Al Bahr) by Shahad
- Best Director: Oren Gerner (Africa)
- Best Performance: Kristoffer King (Verdict)
- Special Mention: Passed by Censor by Serhat
Southeast Asian Short Film Category
- Best Southeast Asian Short Film: I’m Not Your
F***ing Stereotype by Hesome Chemamah
- Best Singapore Short Film: Adam by Shoki Lin
- Special Mention: California Dreaming by Sreylin
- Best Director: Zaw Bo Bo Hein (Sick)
- Youth Jury Prize: Sweet, Salty (Ngot, Man) by
Duong Dieu Linh
Cinema Icon Award
Southeast Asian Film Lab
- Most Promising Project: Amoeba by Tan Siyou
- Residency Prize: Bing.Bong.Bang by Kristin
Young Critic Award
- Lee Sze Wei from Nanyang Technological
The 30th SGIFF happened from 21 November to 1 December 2019 and was hosted across multiple Festival venues including Capitol Theatre, National Museum of Singapore, National Gallery Singapore, Oldham Theatre, The Projector, Filmgarde Bugis+, Golden Village Grand and Objectifs Centre for Photography & Filmmaking.
SGIFF is an event of the Singapore Media Festival (SMF),
hosted by the Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA). SGIFF
2019’s Official Sponsors include Official Red Carpet Venue Capitol Theatre;
Official Automobile BMW; Official Hotel Shangri-La Hotel Singapore and Official
Airline Singapore Airlines.
For more information, please visit here.